Meet Our Farmers
Minnesota’s egg and chicken farmers are committed to producing safe, healthy, high-quality and affordable food for your families and for ours.
That includes providing excellent care for our flocks, ensuring the sustainability of our production practices and being a good neighbor in our communities.
We do so because it’s the right thing to do and because we love producing safe, healthy, high-quality and affordable eggs and chicken for Minnesota families and families across the country.
Meet a few of our farmers here to see for yourself how they produce chicken and eggs:
- Meet egg farmer Brian Asmus of Winthrop, Minn., here with his family on their farm.
- Meet chicken farmer Bill Wuertz of Paynesville, Minn., here with his family on their farm.
- And from Michael Foods in Gaylord, Minn., a broader look at how an egg farm cares for its birds.
Certification and Guidelines
Many of Minnesota’s chicken and egg farmers participate in programs that help them ensure and improve upon egg quality, animal well-being and environmental care, each of which helps them provide great food for you and your family.
Some of those programs include:
- United Egg Producers Certified
- Animal Welfare Guidelines as established by the National Chicken Council
- American Humane Certified (specifically referring to GNP Company’s line called “Just Bare Chicken”)